Thursday, November 6, 2008

It could be official soon....

(my baby..........sigh!)


So, just to update the few who read my blog. Well, most of you I talk to in person already..BUT I like to write! Nic bought the ring a few days ago. So, yes we will probably get engaged soon. Unless he drags it out into next year..:-), I will be wearing a beautiful diamond ring on my left hand before Christmas. I can't wait to be with the man I love! The ring isn't so shabby either..lol! I love my Nic, he is the only man for me. I seriously believe in fate now. We are so perfect for each other. He is so patient and loving. I couldn't dream up a more perfect guy. I guess all the frustration of being single until I was a bit older...uh..30 to be exact in a couple weeks, is all worth it. I told him I would be single another ten years if I knew that he would be at the end of the road. I can't even say end because I feel like life is just starting. Well, a new chapter I should say. I have been waiting to start this chapter for a while. I now understand that you can only move on to the next chapter when you are ready. I finally feel ready. I can't say I have felt ready until just recently. I guess you could say I am a late bloomer. When Nic and I compare our lives through our 20's, we realize that if we would have met at a different time in either one of our lives it wouldn't have worked like it is now. We just have an amazing flow. There is a plan for our lives, but sometimes it doesn't make sense until the end of the chapter. I now know why I have remained single. It has been to wait for my Nic, and to learn more about myself. Life is a process, and things make sense to me more then they ever have. I am so happy, and content. Sure, I get stressed out, but inside I always have that peaceful feeling in my gut, and I can actually say to myself it will all be ok. If I am struggling with something, I can say this too shall pass. Sometimes when you are at the bottom of a hole, and see no light or a way up, you just have to hold onto the times where you did feel in the light. I will soon be posting a pic of my ring, and you call can celebrate this moment in my life with me!

3 comments:

Oceanchild said...

dang we need to catch up! I'm so happy for you and Nic!

Nana Jan said...

Great picture of Nick! I love reading what you write about your life! You have always been beautiful but now that you are so happy, you are absolutely gorgeous! Every time I read what you have written, I cry "happy tears." I'm just a waterworks Mom, what can I say???
Love you!!!

Kimberly Clark said...

BECCA! I am so excited for ya. I love reading what you write and how you express yourself. It makes it feel like you are here and like old times. You have given me light at the end of the tunnel with this post. It is good to hear that true love really does exist. Love you and cant wait to see pictures of your rock.