Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kids say the darndest things

Mostly this year at school has been super mellow. I lost half of my students last year! I had like 23 kids, four in wheel chairs. It was a bit hectic. My life has slown down alot at school since now I only have 12 students and two in wheel chairs. I tend to get a bit bored sometimes at school. The energy and dynamics of my class this year is just BLAH. I really try and pep them up and act enthusiastic, but it doesn't seem to work some days. I manage to still have a few laughs. My student Neil is hilarious. He has autism, so he is very repetitive. He will say the same thing some days over and over. My favorites lately have been, "But Barney, we are not dressed for the North Poo," or "Ted don't eat my gardenias, they are yuck." He will procede to tickle me and say, "I love you Becca." then the next minute he will say, "I hate you Becca, you shut up." He uses different pitches in his voice when he talks, so he will have a really high pitched voice then a low pitched voice on some things. His favorie that he ALWAYS has said is, "Becca look at me." He will seriously say this until I look at him or say, "good job Neil." Ya, it's a little exausting to say the least. I am just used to it as back ground noise. He never stops talking, EVER. He is always muttering and talking to himself. It's a bit distracting to other students in the class, but everyone just accepts it and deals with it. That is just a bit about my day if you all were curious!
PS..I am aware I have typos alot, I really just don't want to go back and fix them..:-)

1 comment:

Oceanchild said...

Man, Neil sounds so much like Landon...only bigger. I hope Landon grows out of the "you be quiet mommy!" stuff.