Thursday, January 28, 2010

Where are all the girls??

SO this school year has been HARD. I have a extra small class this year..seven boys. I have no girls in my class. What a difference that makes! This is my sixth year teaching and I have always had cute girls in my class that write me little notes and come in and give me hugs. It's not like that this year at all. These boys are SO naughty. The feeling in my classroom is so negative. They are all black little clouds it seems like. I go in all chipper and cheery and happy and I get nothing back but bad attitude and negativity. It's been so challenging to teach these boys that are so detached from most people and certainly not attached to me in the slightest. I guess this is a vent session, but I don't feel any love when I am at school. I miss having girls in my class. It makes a HUGE difference. Also these boys are all hooked on violent video games, and I seriously thing this affect their well being. Please all you parents out there make sure you cool it with the video games and the violence is not good for your children. Believe me I know, and it truely does affect them in a negative way.
ANYWAY..the house thing is trucking along...........it's now just waiting on the puzzle peices to fit.
I will keep you all updated!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm sorry about the lack of love. That would be really hard to stay positive. I am sure you are doing great though. Hey, btw, you should come see me! I am doing a special deal this month. I am doing a color and cut for $65! {Any color, including what we usually do with you!} So it's a perfect time! Come see me! I will make you feel better! :) I am glad the house thing is coming along. I am excited to find out what you have in the works!